Xiaomi Mobiles division has taken a step ahead to display ads straight in settings screen in their MIUI skin. Its ok that previously they are bundling lots of apps with the phone preinstalled. Adding advertisement banners is not at all cool and many peoples are frustrated with this decision. IF you want to remove the ads from your Mi phones, then this guide is for you. The article explains step by step procedure to remove ads on Xiaomi devices completely. Also, the newly introduced ads in settings are also can be disabled by following this article.
Earlier, when asked, xiaomi has cleared that they will continue to display ads as this is their one of the earning modals. They stated this statement –
“Advertising has been and will continue to be an integral part of Xiaomi’s Internet services, a key component of the company’s business model. At the same time, we will uphold user experience by offering options to turn off the ads and by constantly improving our approach towards advertising, including adjusting where and when ads appear. Our philosophy is that ads should be unobtrusive, and users always have the option of receiving fewer recommendations.”
- 1 How to remove ads on Xiaomi Devices
- 2 Video Guide on How to Remove Ads on Xiaomi Phones
How to remove ads on Xiaomi Devices
Users over internet trolled xiaomi for this decision. Some of the tech geeks already found a workaround to disable the ads in settings completely. The same workaround is explained below in step by step manner.
Remove Ads from Settings of Xiaomi Devices
This is newly added option to display ads. This is very frustrating to have ads on settings screen because everyone uses settings from their phones and it’s very annoying to see ads there.
As we seen above there is a specific pattern to remove ads from Mi apps, but for settings, there is no such option to disable ads.
Following workaround can disable ads from settings on xiaomi devices completely
1. Open Settings from the launcher menu
2. Scroll little down and Click on Additional settings.
3. Open Privacy option and then select Ad services.
4. Now turn off Personalized Ad recommendations.
5. Now, go back and select and from the additional settings screen, select Authorization and Revocation option.
6. Now, find the msa option from the list and turn it OFF.
7. A popup message shows warning of disabling msa app, just ignore it, wait for the timer to finish and then tap on Revoke option.
8. If the msa is still not turned off, do step 7 again and turn it off.
Now you can see Ads are disabled from the settings screen.
Also Read – How to Root Poco F1 and Install TWRP Recovery
Remove Ads from Xiaomi Default Browser
1. First off all open the default browser from the menu of MIUI skin.
2. Now click on menu icon from the bottom and select settings.
3. Click on Privacy and security option and then TURN OFF recommended for you option.
4. Now go back and open Advanced option.
5. Select Top sites order and turn off Receive Recommendations.
Remove Ads from Mi File Manager App
1. Open file manager from the launcher menu
2. Swipe from left to open the menu and select Settings.
3. Now tap on About option and turn off Recommendations.
Remove Ads from Mi Music App
1. Open default Music app from the menu
2. Click on Menu icon at the top left corner of the music app
3. Now select Settings from the menu
4. Click on Advanced settings.
5. Scroll little below and turn off Receive recommendations.
Remove Ads from Mi Video App
1. Open the default video player app from the launcher menu
2. Click on Menu icon at the top left corner of the video app
3. Click on settings option
4. Turn off receive online recommendations.
5. Also turn off Push Notifications.
Remove Ads from Mi security App
1. Open Mi security App from launcher Menu
2. Tap on settings icon from the top right corner of the app
3. Turn off Receive recommendations.
With these simple settings, you can disable most of the ads on xiaomi devices.
Video Guide on How to Remove Ads on Xiaomi Phones
Hope this guide helped you and you have successfully remove ads on Xiaomi devices. If you still don’t want to see ads from any of the third-party apps, you need to root your device and then install any ads remover app for root. If you have any questions, you can ask in the comment section below.