Redmi Y2 is newly launched smartphone from Xiaomi. The phone has two variants with 3gb/32gb of Ram/internal storage combination while the higher model has 4gb/64gb configuration. Both the variants come with a 5.99-inch display with a resolution of 720X1440 pixels and pixel density of 269 pixels per inch, Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor is an added advantage of this budget-friendly decide. The smartphone comes with Android 8.1 oreo with MIUI 10 skin which is the latest announcement from Xiaomi. Redmi Y2 Bootloader unlock lets you root your phone, install custom ROM and many more things. Let’s check how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Y2.
Before going to actual procedure lets see some advantages after you unlock Redmi Y2 bootloader.
Advantages of unlocking bootloader of Redmi Y2
1. You can install a custom recovery to your phone like TWRP recover.
2. Unlocking bootloader gives you access to root your phone.
3. You can install custom ROMs after you unlock bootloader Redmi Y2.
4. You can even directly flash MIUI 10 new updates without waiting for OTA.
Disadvantages of Unlocking bootloader of Redmi Y2
1. Your Redmi Y2 may go into a boot loop if you flash the wrong zip files that don’t support your phone.
2. Unlocking bootloader voids the warranty.
3. Redmi Y2 Bootloader unlock may soft Brick or hard brick your phone.
How to unlock bootloader of Redmi Y2
These steps for Redmi Y2 bootloader unlock require some points to be taken care and available before we do the actual process. These points are noted below
Pre-requisite of Redmi Y2 bootloader unlock
1. Your Redmi Y2 should be charged above 50.
2. Proper USB drivers should be installed on your PC.
3. Take a backup of your personal data / internal memory, as this process wipes all data.
4. A good USB cable is recommended.
Step by step guide on Redmi y2 bootloader unlock
1. Go to developer settings of your phone and turn on allow bootloader unlock option
2. Switch off your device
3. Now press power button + vol. Down together to go into fastboot mode.
4. Now connect your device to pc using the USB cable.
5. Download android fastboot reset tool to your pc.
6. Install the fastboot reset tool on your PC using the guide provided in above link.
7. After you run the tool, type 1 and enter to check Redmi Y2 is properly connected to pc.
8. Now, the tool will show the device connection status. Type 5 and press enter to unlock bootloader of Redmi Y2.
You have successfully unlock bootloader of Redmi Y2. Turn on your phone and do startup setup. If you want to remove the annoying mi account that asks you to login to your phone using Mi credentials, follow our permanently remove Mi account guide.
Hope this guide helped you to unlock bootloader of Redmi Y2. For any queries, help, suggestions, comment in below section.