Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was a successful device when launched. Many people have bought this mobile and very satisfied with the performance. But nowadays with increasing resourceful Apps, Games, Redmi Note 4 with smaller RAM size started to lag a bit. Also, the MIUI OS itself is a heavy and RAM hungry. To overcome this situation, you can root Redmi Note 4 and flash and stock custom ROM to get buttery smooth performance and many improvements on your older phone. This guide explains how to root Redmi Note 4 using a custom recovery.
To root any xiaomi device you have to first unlock its bootloader. to unlock the bootloader of Redmi note 4, follow these steps –
How to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 4
- go to Redmi bootloader unlock website.
- log in with your user id, password or mobile and OTP.
- fill up the form with model number and reason to unlock bootloader.
- Click on Submit and wait for some hours to get unlock code over mail id.
- Then install Unlock tool and connect a device with the computer.
- Enter unlock code and click on Unlock to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 4.
For a detailed guide with images, follow this article – How to unlock bootloader of any xiaomi Device.
Now that, you have unlocked bootloader of your phone, you can flash custom recovery and then root it.
How to install custom recovery on Redmi Note 4.
In order to root Redmi Note 4, you first have to install custom recovery on your device. Currently, there is TWRP recovery available for Redmi Note 4.
- Download TWRP custom recovery for your Redmi Note 4 using below link,
- Once downloaded, rename the file to recovery.img
- Connect device to computer using a USB cable.
- Now open command terminal inside where you have saved the TWRP zip. To open a command prompt, press Shift + Right-click and select Open command window here.
- Now type following command and press enter –
- Type the following command to boot into fastboot mode –
adb reboot bootloader
- Now you are in fastboot mode, the last step is to flash a custom recovery on your phone. Type –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
After successful flashing, you have done flashing custom recovery on Redmi Note 4.
You can now install Magisk Root Manager to enable root permissions.
Must read – How to unlock bootloader on redmi note 6 pro
How to root Redmi Note 4
- First, download the Magisk root manager from below link –
- Install Lazy flahser zip and save on your phone internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode using Power Buton + Volume Up.
- Click on Install button from twrp recovery home screen.
- Browse through folders and select magisk zip and install it.
- Now Clear Cache & Dalvik Cache.After installation Reboot your device from the menu.
- Don’t reboot your phone here and go back to the main screen of twrp recovery.
- Again select Install option and this time select Lazy flasher Zip file.
- Slide to Confirm flash and you are done.
Now reboot your phone and you have done with how to root Redmi Note 4 guide.
You can check if the root is enabled using any rooting app available on play store.
Don’t miss this –