All Xiaomi’s devices come with a locked bootloader. If you want to unlock the bootloader, then you have to get permission from the company, and then you can unlock the bootloader of your phone. In this guide, we will see, how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro.
This phone is recently launched the new budget phone in Note series. Phone has notch display with 19:9 aspect ratio and Full HD screen. This phone comes with 3/4/6 GB RAM variants and available through flash sell. However, the MIUI OS packed with Redmi note 6 pro is heavy and most of the users don’t like it. You can flash the custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 6 Pro, but for this, you have to unlock the bootloader of Redmi note 6 Pro and then root it.
What is Bootloader Unlock?
The bootloader is device specific program which is controlled by the manufacturer. With a locked bootloader, you can’t flash any custom recovery on your device or root your device. Many phones nowadays come with a locked bootloader. For xiaomi devices, you have to get permission to unlock the bootloader.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi Note 6 pro
- You can easily flash a custom recovery on your Redmi note 6 Pro.
- With an unlocked bootloader, you can root your phone to explore the real power of the phone.
- Unlocking bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro enables you to flash custom ROM made for your device. This ROMs are free and easily available with flashing guide.
Things to keep in Mind before Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Your phone will lose Warranty if you unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro
- A wrong command may lead to soft brick/hard brick your device.
- Keep backup of all your data from internal memory as this process wipes everything.
- Charge your phone at least 70% before starting to begin to unlock bootloader process.
- Use a good quality USB cable to ensure the interrupted process.
- After the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data.
Also Check – MIUI account unlock tool
How to unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro
To unlock bootloader of any xiaomi device, you need to get unlock code from their website. This process may take up to 36 hrs. Follow these steps to know exactly how it is done –
1. First of all, you have to give debugging permission from your phone. Open Settings –> About phone –>Software–> Tap on Build number 7 times –> Go back and open Developer settings –> Turn on USB debugging.
2. On the same screen of Developer options, Turn on OEM Unlock option.
3. Now from your PC/smartphone, open the Mi Device Unlock website.
4. Click on Unlock Now button from Home screen.
5. Now login with your MIUI account credentials. i.e., phone number and OTP
6. Now on the new screen, you will be asked to fill your MIUI user Id, email address and device model and a reason for unlocking the bootloader.
Fill out all information and click on Apply Now button.
7. Now OTP will arrive on your phone. Type the OTP in the provided box and confirm the bootloader unlock request.
8. Now wait for some hours, and you will get mail stating you are eligible for unlocking Redmi Note 6 pro
9. Now download MIUI unlock tool and install it on your PC.
Check out next unlock procedure –
How to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro using MIUI unlock Tool
1. Once you install the unlock tool, connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
2. Now turn off the phone and then Press Power Button + Volume Down button to boot into fastboot mode.
3. From the Unlock tool, click on the Unlock Button.
6. Unlock process will start. Wait for it to finish.
5. The tool will show you the message – Unlocked Successfully.
That’s it – you have successfully unlocked Bootloader of Redmi Note 6 pro.
Check This also –